It doesn’t have to be that way. If you take the following steps you will hopefully have a successful experience and a house renovation bliss that will impress you and be the envy of others of the final product.
Plan, Prepare, Probe: Make sure you clearly know what you want and envisage as the final product of your home; you have researched what would be aesthetically suitable and make an impactful look and feel; and finally you are aware of the benefit and features.
Design & Style: Whether you have a family, partner and/or living by yourself your personal style must be taken into consideration, so be aware what you want, how you want to be perceived and your home and Plan, Prepare, Probe. Check out the latest home design magazine to draw inspiration and look out for what your neighbours are doing to add that little something to their home to spruce it up.
Boring Budget - Bang for your Buck: We cannot stress how important it is to establish your budget from the beginning. Just when you think you have considered everything something unexpected arises. Have room for movement, but be diligent and stick with your budget. Most importantly make it be known to your builder or tradesmen what your budget is, so there isn’t any hidden surprises, as many can take advantage of this.
Tradesmen Alert: There are many shonks out there, so make sure that they either have been referred to or you’ve done your research about them.
There are 4 important rules that must be met before you sign on the dotted line:
- Call them - If they answer the phone or return your call within the hour, then they should receive tick.
- Arrange a meeting – if they show up on time, they should receive another tick.
- Experience - A competent tradesman or builder should know their technical stuff in detail and be able to explain it to you, another tick.
- You as a person –must like this person or their company, as you will be dealing with them greatly and you want the best result - another tick.
- Qualifications – This is a tough one, but you need to make sure that they are qualified, have all their insurances and are registered. The last you want to happen is have issues and neither party are covered – this could be disastrous and cost you more money and leave you with an unfinished job.
Presentation of your home is important not only when selling but also what everyone thinks of you and street appeal. And making sure you have professionals and experts that work with you to achieve your goal, and you will achieve your new renovated dream home.